Monday, April 19, 2010

Red Cross Dressing

Yorkshire Dales, UK: Two Red Cross workers in Yorkshire Dales, UK, told an injured and bleeding runner that they were not allowed to provide Band-Aids (plasters) and antiseptic because of the allergic reaction potential. Obviously better to risk infection.

"I couldn't believe it. I was bleeding quite heavily at the time," said Mr. Dickinson, the injured runner. "One of them said he could give me a plaster if he took his uniform off, but the other said he better not."

A refreshment stand employee tended to Mr. Dickinson's injuries instead.

This one smells a little fishy to me but I guess when a country is made up of people willing to live on an island that is cold and rainy 80% of the year you start to over-index a little in the weird and crazy department.

Let's start first with the "victim." my first question is how did Mr Dickinson (classic pedophile name by the way) sustain his injuries? He happens to be engaging in a non-contact activity (I refuse to recognize running as a sport, but that's a topic for another day) so I'm guessing his injuries were pretty minor. It's not like the guy was shot (unless he was running through Harlem with a clan hat on). My bet is he fell in which case I don't blame the red cross for denying this guy care. Tell him to suck it up and if he wants some sympathy he can either play a real sport or have his mommy kiss his boo boo all better.

Where it starts to get weird is when red cross worker number 2 indicates that he could give Dickinson a band aid, he would just need to take his red cross jumpsuit off first.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing things in the buff and realize that a number of things become more fun when you take your trousers off and let the sun shine south of the border. I'd be lying if i told you i hadn't cooked breakfast or done a little exercising while sporting an electric white backside that would make Casper jealous. Who hasn't? I mean people like Britney spears and Lindsey Lohan have made careers off of forgetting to put on underwear when they go out.

But bandaging someone up might be where I draw the line. Just doesn't sound like it would be pleasant for anyone. Nudity is OK in a lot of different scenarios, but dealing with a sweaty stranger, on uncomfortable pavement, where adhesives are involved does not seem to be one of them. Does anyone disagree? Is there a situation that would justify the pants off approach?

No comments:

Post a Comment