Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Aloha and Hello


I will be at this pool bar in about 24 hours or so with fellow blogger, SImple Jack, loyal reader, Fonz Fonzinoon, and several other friends who choose not to read the blog. Now I've been staring at this picture for the last two months or so and I've been trying to decide the best seat at the bar. I know I'll always have my choice because I'm kind of like the gym rat drinker in that I pride myself on being the first one to arrive at the bar and the last one to leave. Commonsense tells me take the middle because you'll always be in the bartenders wheelhouse and friends can fill in around you. Commonsense doesn't always think things all the way through. Sure, at a regular bar you you don't even think twice about this (and certainly not for two months) because the tv access and bartender attention makes the middle the prime real estate. But a pool bar is a whole different ballgame. For one, there probably aren't tvs, but I definitely don't want to watch tv when I'm in a pool in Mexico....just not that interested in the spanish soaps I guess. And you can all but guarentee that people are constantly pissing at the foot of the bar too. You still probably never have to wait for a drink but the middle seat doesn't really have the same appeal when you got some old bag peeing on your leg....catch-22

No comments:

Post a Comment