Friday, May 21, 2010

Ninjas come to mugged student's aid


A student in Australia got help from an unlikely source when he was mugged – a group of passing ninjas. Muggers attacked the 27-year-old German medical student as he got off a train, but a student leaving a class at the nearby Ninja Senshi Ryu martial arts school saw what was happening. Five ninjas in full ninja gear ran to help the student, at which point the muggers ran off. Police have since arrested two man on suspicion of the robbery and are looking for a third. The student’s mobile phone and iPod were stolen in the incident. Ninja sensei Kaylan Soto said: “We started running towards them and they took off. They would have seen five of us in ninja gear all in black with our belts on, running toward them. “I think they’re probably still running if I’m not mistaken,” he added.
In Beverly Hills Ninja, my late, great, third cousin Chris Farley explored the phenomenon that is grown men pretending to be ninjas. Farley delivered a masterful performance throughout but I think the following bit of dialogue pretty much sums up the theme of the movie:
Haru (aka Farley): Sensei, believe me, this woman's telling the truth.
Sensei: Haru, you're unable to tell truth from untruth.
Haru: That is impossible. My ninja intuition tells me this!
Sensei: Haru, you do not have ninja intuition! You do not even have NORMAL intuition!

Aside from reminding the world that I'm related to the funniest comedian of all time, I bring up this particular movie and quote because these "ninjas" didn't so much as fight the thieves nevermind catch them. They simply witnessed a crime and called the cops. Not very ninja like if you ask me. I'm no authority on ninjas, but I have watched every Ninja Turtles show/movie and I can't remember them ever calling for the cops. At least not before they had those bad guys blind-folded, gagged, and tied up with a yoyo string lookin' like a couple of Marv Alberts after a weird night of sex (figured it was too soon to go after David Carradine here). So I really don't see what Kaylan Soto is celebrating here. I mean he is acting he is the biggest badass ninja of all time..."they're probably still running"...yea ok dude. Talk to me when you walk the dog on someone's ass. Until then I'll just echo the words of the great Sensei and remind Kaylan Soto...You didn't do what a real ninja would have done! You didn't even do what a NORMAL person would have done!...dork

No comments:

Post a Comment