Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lebron James Doesn't Make Excuses!!!

As for the elbow, if it is bothering him, James would not admit it. He had said prior to the series that the only thing that would heal his bruise and strain is rest -- and he's not getting it in the playoffs. I'm not an excuse guy," he said. "The fact that I've spoiled a lot of people with my play, when you have a bad game here or there, when you have three bad games in a seven-year career, it's easy to point that out. I just got to be better. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be out there and try to be great, be the best player on the court. When I'm not, I feel bad for myself because I'm not going out there and doing the things I can do. But I don't hang my head or make excuses about anything going on, because that's not the type of player or person I am."
Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo Hooo. Poor Lebron. First the elbow injury and now you had to deal with not being the best player on the court. I'd feel bad for myself too. But don't worry about your fans, Lebron. You've spoiled them with tons of regular season wins. Who are they to point out that you got completely shut-down against the Celtics last night!?! They should call you the best, compare you to Jordan, and never - ever - question whether or not you deserve that praise when you flop in the playoffs.
p.s. love the contradiction in this article - if it is bothering him, James would not admit it. He had said prior to the series that the only thing that would heal his bruise and strain is rest -- and he's not getting it in the playoffs....so he said the only thing that would heal it is rest which he knows he won't get, but then proclaims, "But I don't hang my head or make excuses about anything going on, because that's not the type of player or person I am."....WHAT?
My take: Lebron is actually more of a Pippen. He does it all but would be better as a second fiddle (albeit a top player in NBA history) who doesn't have the pressure on his shoulders. I think he should go join Wade (who I also can't stand) because he has already proven he can do it - Miami would be unstoppable with those two guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment