Monday, July 19, 2010

Villa-No-Fun


I hope Shane really likes fishing, because I don't think he will be counting too much money while he is playing for the 10th place team in the Portuguese league. I'm a little shocked they even allow basketball in Portugal. I figured the country stuck to sports like soccer since it would be too dangerous to practice their renowned diving techniques on the hardwood.

Definitely makes me wonder how Shane ended up in Portugal in the first place. I mean he was no star, but you'd think he could crack a team in Italy or Spain. Is it possible that he asked for a cat during contract negotiations? I mean with Shane mumbling and a little mis-translation, I can almost picture a movie-like scene where Shane's desire for a cute little cat to rub down on is misinterpreted as a desire to rub the Owner's daughter's kitty cat?

I guess this just shows us why athletes should stay in school. Oh wait, Shane stayed in school and graduated... somebody call Dickie V and let him know that he can cut the song and dance about how staying in school prepares kids for the real world. College ain't for everyone.

1 comment: