Monday, February 22, 2010

Felger and the sycophant

Everyday at 2 I flip on Felger and Mazz and while Felger's finding a new way to piss me off, Tony Mazz is busy finding ways to agree with him. The problem is that (right now) I can't stop listening to the show. Felger's antagonistic personality fires me up on a daily basis and helps get me through another boring day of work. He's kind of like skoal...I might feel a little shittier about myself when I take out my lipper but I like the buzz I get while I'm doing it. Same goes for listening to Felger bitch and moan about homer fans, lazy players, and cheap execs. When he finally stops ranting at 6 I'm not even sure why I wasted my time listening to him complain but the next day I'm right back at my cube clicking his show on. How much longer can he carry the show though? His complaining and contradictory point of view needs opposition, right? It seems like their recipe (and every other sports radio show) is to take calls from listeners but there aren't enough knowledgeable, jobless fans willing and able to call and combat his opinions from 2 to 6. The reason I'm pissed at Tony Mazz (and CBS because they are probably micromanaging him) is because he doesn't stand his ground against Felger. Ever. Even when he offers a counterpoint he is quick to qualify it to avoid any confrontation between the hosts. Its as if the Sportshub has insisted that Mazz and Felger speak as a united front, and because Felger isn't going to change his opinion for anybody, Mazz gets to play the role of lackey. Just listen. Mazz starts every "counterpoint" with... "I see your point, Mike" or "Your right, Mike" ect. ect. It is brutal. If Mazz would grow a pair and stop agreeing with Felgy all the time the show could really blow WEEI out of the water. For all of our sakes, Mazz either has to step it up and start speaking his mind or CBS has to get a homer in there to go toe-to-toe with Felger.

No comments:

Post a Comment